May 5, 2016

Postpartum Purchases

Just compiling a list of things I'm looking at for the hospital and beyond...

This baby’s due date is right at the start of summer heat and humidity around here, so I am staunchly in camp yes please for elastic waists in order to comfortably handle the pp sizing limbo. I found an elastic waist midi skirt from Gap via thredUP which I’m hoping to get lots of use out of year-round (now that I can see the laser cut holes up close I’m really glad it was inexpensive since they look like they could fray). I'm also seeing more and more options in the stores for elastic waist midi skirts which makes online ordering a bit easier when you're not *quite* sure what number size to get!

And, darn it, if J. Crew factory doesn't have the cutest selection of elastic waist shorts (although, would it kill them to offer lots of those cute prints in longer lengths?? Apparently so.). I noticed Gap and Old Navy have a pretty decent selection as well.

Recently while thrifting I found a pair of old-school, half elastic waist, Adidas tennis shorts. When I first glimpsed them my thoughts were half, "Hey, cool!" and half, "Wait, by donning these would I be a walking symbol of the proverbial 'I give up'?". But home them came and I think they'll do (at the very least, they don't seem to scream "90s"). ;)

Postpartum clothing, elastic waist skirt


Loft also has soft, loose-fitting tees which I'm packing for the hospital (sorry, hospital gowns!), and plan to wear all summer.

Along with those I'm hoping H&M gets more sizes of the nursing tanks Rosie recommended back in stock soon since the two I bought before Evie arrived are ready for retirement!

For hospital pants I just want sweats and really like the idea of these joggers or something similar.

And last on my pp clothing list is...new socks. There's just something SO nice and almost indulgent? about cushy, new socks. :)
.......
I delivered at the same hospital for all three girls but in between Audrey and Heidi the hospital was acquired by a healthcare system and I noticed little changes like- not being given much in the way of post delivery soothing products as the times before (also, the elimination of chocolate cake from their menu which was very, very sad, indeed)I didn’t think to ask if they had any at the time and this time around I’m just going to bring my own.
I've heard a lot of great recommendations for this spray, as well as this soothing balm (plus! can also be used for diaper rash). And these hydrogel pads made a world of difference with breastfeeding- I wish my first-time-mom-self knew about them then...those were bleak days.  
The Honest Company Healing Balm Soothing Protection & Relief for Sensitive Skin & Diaper Rash,3 oz.Medela Tender Care(TM) Hydrogel PadsEARTH MAMA ANGEL BABY BOTTOM SPRAY (Pack of 1)
1 / 2 / 3
The idea of a belly binder leaves me hemming and hawing. Has anyone had any experience with them? There seem to be a lot of brands and styles out on the market in all price ranges and I've read reviews for some that said after 2-3 weeks the bands/ binders don't fit anymore...I know my abdomen could use some support but I'm hesitant to spend money on something that won't help for long. 

Well that's a wrap- now to get going on washing and sorting of baby clothes (now that I've just finished sorting the girls' winter piles- gah).

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am curious about belly wraps too! Hopefully someone can chime in and enlighten us both. ;)

    I haven't thought ahead to postpartum wear yet. I did pick up some nearly brand new maternity stuff yesterday which I'm excited about. Sounds like you found some good stuff thrifting! I am always SO ready to be done with maternity wear at the end of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for the new blog! Have you checked all the colors of the h&m tank tops? When I was ordering, there were a bunch out of stock but then several in another listing that *were* available. They're so wonderful - I've been living in mine!

    I tried a bengkung (sp?) belly wrap this last time around but didn't do it often enough to notice a difference, honestly... I'm curious to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for the new blog! Have you checked all the colors of the h&m tank tops? When I was ordering, there were a bunch out of stock but then several in another listing that *were* available. They're so wonderful - I've been living in mine!

    I tried a bengkung (sp?) belly wrap this last time around but didn't do it often enough to notice a difference, honestly... I'm curious to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ended up buying a bellefit postpartum girdle (gag) after Luke and it was worth it's $100 price tag in gold bricks. Never again with the crappy belly bandits. The best part was the incredible back support (well, and the silhouette, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec! I can't believe this is my 4th pregnancy and I've never thought to look into abd. support! Just ordered a girdle from them- cringing a bit about wearing it but hoping for better results than doing nothing. ;)

      Delete
  5. I ended up buying a bellefit postpartum girdle (gag) after Luke and it was worth it's $100 price tag in gold bricks. Never again with the crappy belly bandits. The best part was the incredible back support (well, and the silhouette, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are on to some great buys.

    congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I love the new blog and the new name, though I will miss your old blog as well! That is incredibly frustrating that all of your posts can't be moved over.

    Anyway, way to go getting your wardrobe ready for postpartum! I always wait until I'm there, and always regret it, maybe next time I will take a page out of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to blogger. Love the name.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...