Jun 24, 2016

Compare and Contrast and Other Miscellany

Joining Kelly today for some random quick takes.

1.

I just came across this book recently via a comment on Like Mother Like Daughter and ordered it used on Amazon. It's sweet and imaginative and (I'm hoping) a good companion for outdoor summer play, since I have a lot of not leaving the house planned for a good, long while.

2.
THIS: What It's Like to Have Four Kids (posts the woman who has been at it five seconds- although I feel like it could apply to life with more than one kid, too!). Be sure to read it with a box of tissues handy in case you laugh so hard you cry. (I did.)

3.
Before Cora arrived Heidi seemed so little but now I can't get over how big she seems! It feels like:

4. 
And now she's started playing dress up with her sisters; big kid status: official. 


5.
When it comes to births I can't help taking mental notes of all the similarities, differences, and patterns between them. (Warning, mundane info ahead...)

For instance, with Cora's birth *just* before the first official day of summer, we now have a child born in each season, and hers is the only June birthday on my side of the family.

6. 
Also, we've moved and happened to purchase a car each pregnancy (except this one)- we started out with a little pick-up truck and a two-door civic and have since graduated all the way to a minivan. I can't express enough how nice it was nice to keep the biggish life events to a minimum this time around!

7.
And, finally, might as well continue going overboard on photos with a one-week-old shot of littlest miss- our biggest baby and the one born with the least amount of hair. :) 

Happy weekend, and click over to Kelly's for more takes!


8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, tiny baby pictures! Congratulations!!
    I've moved once every pregnancy, too, including one international move at 30 weeks, so I sympathize... definitely hoping for a less eventful pregnancy if and when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora is so beautiful! And that article about having 4 kids- yes, yes, yes! Everything she said is oh so true and hilarious!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! And the shoe part made me especially crack up!

      Delete
  3. Loving all the pictures! Without a new baby to compare her to, it was seeing Caitie in underwear and with not much of a baby belly that made me gasp and see how big she is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to check out that 4 kids post stat! I'll be joining that club soon too!
    And awww...new baby photos! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have 4 kiddos that are each just about exactly 3 months apart from each other as well. Technically....we have two fall babies and no winter baby because our December baby is Dec. 13 and winter doesn't technically start until like the 21st...but everyone knows December is just considered winter so I count it. lol. How sweet Cora is!!!! (and I love her name! We briefly considered that {and Nora} but they rhyme with my name so we ditched them, but not because they aren't both super cute and amazing names!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! And such a funny coincidence about the birthday similarities! Also, I have a December 19th birthday and totally agree with you- December is winter. ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Laura! And such a funny coincidence about the birthday similarities! Also, I have a December 19th birthday and totally agree with you- December is winter. ;)

      Delete

Feel free to chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...