Jun 6, 2016

Life Lately {June '16}

A couple of weeks ago Evie had International Day at school. Luckily my mom still has a traditional Polish costume that belonged to her youngest sister from her dancing days (and the funny part is it's my dad's side that's Polish!), because other than that I think the best I could've come up with is pinning my large "It's Exciting to be Polish!" pin on her and calling it a costume. Two of my sisters wore the same outfit for school events when they were younger, so it was cute to see Evie in the same garb. :)

I tried get a picture together with all three girls but Heidi was not having it, which is a good thing because as it happens, sitting pictures when you're full term pregnant? NOT FLATTERING.


Belizean cutie :)
.......

I've been trying to grow a few meager vegetable plants in pots on our patio and keep finding them either knocked over or dug into by something- I'm assuming it's a squirrel because we have billions of them in our neighborhood. My Grandpa always highly disliked squirrels and I completely see why. They're such punks! Maybe next year we'll be able to put up some garden fencing...
.......

For the past four months I've tried, to no avail, to order a clean out bag from thredUP. The same message is displayed every time:

"Unfortunately due to overwhelming demand, we can't fulfill your bag request at this time. Please check in with us next month."


I've even tried on the first of the month and still, nope, which I find confusing because the "sell/ order a clean out kit" option is displayed on the site, I know of people who have been able to order bags during that time, and I've read positive thredUP review posts recently by two widely read bloggers that both mention the fact that thredUP offers clean out bags. Huh. So I sent an inquiry and two days later got a reply that mentions the overabundance of clean-out bags received and:

"we've had to place a waitlist on requesting new bags. Please reach out again in a few months for more updates on our inbound bag status."

Then why not display a big message in the site? I don't want to don a Scarlet 'V' for victim, but I don't think they're being transparent- I'm guessing they're only taking bags from certain costumers and if so, just say it! Has anyone else come across the same message from them?
.......
Evie had her last day of pre-K last week and it was a really fun morning with outdoor games for the kids + a pizza party for the families. I cannot believe we now have a Kindergartner!

"Cheese!"
Except for two more ballet classes for Audrey (which I wish with all my heart were over since I am too pregnant function in daily life), we are now in summer mode- but obviously keeping up with learning:
Audrey: "Yay, I did it! I wrote the 'i' in plane! Praise God!"
Bless her heart.
.......

Cheers to summer!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute outfit!
    And I am so excited for you. yay for FULL TERM!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...