Oct 10, 2016

The Invisibles


Image result for mr. incredible saving the world
I am a firm believer that a little venting (ahem- or a lot) and a good amount of solidarity go a long way in retaining one's sanity...

I see you, mom who painstakingly vacuums the family room only to have that pair of kid's boots (the same culprit every time!) leave caked pieces of mud all over the floor and rug the very next day.

I see you, mom who takes care to clean the bathroom sink and change out the hand towel for hygiene's sake only to have both darkened with dirt within mere hours.

I see you, mom who lovingly decorates her home and thoughtfully chooses throw pillows for the couches in order to add a touch of beauty or comfort, only to have them tossed on the floor and stepped on every.single.day.
                                                                                                                              image
I see you, mom who gets on her hands and knees to sweep that crumb-laden floor under the dining table only to have crumbled feta cheese gleefully flung about the room during the next meal.

I see you, mom who makes the effort to wash the bathroom rugs for the first time in a good while, only to witness them being soiled by a bladder that couldn't hold it the very same day.

Yep, I see you.

10 comments:

  1. Oh man, YES! Just a few days ago, I vacuumed the entire living room and then (stupidly) let Thomas have a snack of goldfish while he played with his "guys". OF COURSE, he decided crushing every single fish into a million crumbs was a perfect idea...all over my freshly vacuumed floor. You almost have to laugh so you don't cry, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, and goldfish crumble so perfectly into tiny, tiny orange crumbs! Haha, laugh so you don't cry- absolutely yes!

      Delete
  2. Solidarity! I gave my throw pillows to Goodwill a couple years ago. Best decorating decision I ever made. It made me a happier person. Unfortunately I also have gained 10 pounds, presumably from the decrease in exercise because I'm no longer bending over 85 times a day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a million times smarter than I. I know the answer to being happy and content is to get rid of the pillows but I just can't make myself do it!

      Delete
  3. Solidarity!!
    Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has me all choked up today. I so needed to hear this, that even though I am invisible, I must continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be reminded I'm not alone in all this!

      Delete
  5. Haha. Yes! Yes, to every one of these. Thank you. And comparing this to the Incredibles: brilliant and perfect- the invisibles, so clever, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa!
    In my experience, washing the bathroom rug has been the best way to guarantee a potty accident. Why is that???
    Thanks for the laugh today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...