Nov 27, 2016

Advent Has Arrived {My Sunday Best}

Typing out a quick post to link up with Rosie for My Sunday Best!

I thrifted this dress a couple of weeks ago and was so happy it fit (thrifting gamble- not trying on in store) and was a good length (why are dresses so short?). The orange color is a bit tricky since I feel like pairing it with black would be too Halloween-y, so riding boots were the order of the day.

Yesterday I pulled out our window candles, faux greens, Advent wreath, and the toy nativity set from storage. When Audrey woke up from her nap she danced around and declared, "This is the BEST Advent evah!". Such a nice reminder that it doesn't take much to make things special for kids. :)

Hope you have a peaceful first Sunday of Advent!

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on the thrifting win. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia! Glad I didn't have to re-thrift it. ;)

      Delete
  2. That is a fantastic find, and the riding boots are spectacular with the dress!! I hope you have a beautiful Advent season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From a boots-with-dress first-timer: Thank you! Hope you have a beautiful Advent, too!

      Delete
    2. I agree. You got the boots and dress combo right!

      Delete
  3. I'm thankful that our children remind us that we don't need to be fancy all the time. The basics specially when done with love is more than enough for them. They see real beauty. Beauty that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never understand why dresses are so darned short... thankfully *I'm* short so it mostly works, but I still have to wear leggings under most to be comfortable! Love the dress with the boots :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...