Oct 17, 2020

So They Say {9}

After a nebulizer treatment-
Evie: Maybe what I need is some sea air.

As I'm getting on a pair of shoes-
Heidi (our very pragmatic, chain of events thinker): When you die, those will be ready for the next mom who lives here.
Me:.........yep...I guess so.


Evie: 
Can you put on the CD that had the Bee-atles song "Seize the Day", or whoever sings it?
Me: You mean from "Newsies"?



Rinsing strawberries for lunch-
Heidi: Now I know how to make strawberries.

Evie:
These are cool- not the temperature cool...you know what I mean.


Cora:
 Mom, I wish I could have pink lipstick and yellow hair. 



After I didn't answer my phone because I didn't recognize the number-
Evie: My teacher says she does the same thing. Like sometimes she answers her phone and it's a peddler or something. 

Kneading bread dough-
Evie: I have been waiting all my life to do this. 

After one of our fish died and was buried in a (very shallow) grave, and then was not there when the girls decided to exhume its remains some days later (😑)-
Cora: The fishy died but God rosed him up to heaven. 


This one needs a bit of background: three of our girls and lots of their cousins have been baptized by the same priest. All of those baptisms have been in the chapel of the parish where he is the pastor, except for Audrey's which was in the church sanctuary. And Cora was baptized by him at a parish in another state while we were on vacation. 
This past Lent we went to a Fish Fry at that priest's parish and on the way were reminding the girls that some of them were baptized there.
Audrey out loud to a friend at the Fish Fry: Guess what?? I'm the only one in my family who was BAPTIZED IN THE CHURCH! AND CORA WAS BAPTIZED AT THE BEACH!

I was dying overhearing that because to a random passerby it probably sounded like we're bohemian Catholics or something.😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...