Jul 2, 2020

Life Lately {May & June}

I truly felt like it was mid-March and then the calendar turned to June (now July).

June, which has been wonderfully sunny and hot! Our library system resumed curbside pickup mid-June, so we've been driving over once or twice a week and are now enjoying variety in our books!

The girls finished four day a week e-learning at the end of May- God bless our school for making both of those decisions. It was definitely a bittersweet end to the year- Audrey & Heidi's teachers are retiring and I am SO sad about that. I'm sorry that the three older girls didn't get a full year with their great teachers, and honestly I'm currently grateful for the distraction and distance summer is providing from those months of quarantine and continual news of more things getting canceled, shut-down, and restricted.


First outing for the girls 



Mountain laurel!







On Mother's Day I visited one one new thrift store that was open and found a few things. Later that afternoon we took a drive to get ice cream at a place that was close to an hour away and the line of cars was INSANE. Truly unbelievable, and as we drove past we saw even more people parked and pulling out blankets and lawn chairs. We decided to keep driving and finally after driving to two more places that were closed, we ended up at a Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I feel like that has been a theme with this shut-down- the remaining places open or any items available for purchase are a *very* hot commodity.



riding around with her baby doll under her shirt

Tim made our garden bed!

Cora porch sitting with watermelon- the photo on the right was from a year ago:)



Listening to: Matt Maher's new album Alive & Breathing. I'm not usually a fan of listening to multiple songs in a row of one band or artist but I've been listening to this on repeat!

Watching: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency -I never knew they made a TV season of this! We're renting it from the library; I might be enjoying it more than Tim since I've read some of the books.:)

Growing: nothing much that's edible, sigh. I planted a handful of different flowers, which look like they're growing okay, but I think the late freezes that struck killed our tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and herbs. Our black mustard greens are doing well, though, which is something. And, ha, I had parsley growing in a pot on our porch which was dug into twice by squirrels, fell over with the wind,  and finally (accidentally) knocked over and broken beyond repair by the man of the house. Such is life! I had to laugh about the pot, though, as it was a Christmas gift for one of my sisters a few years ago but arrived cracked, so I kept it (and got a refund). It had a good run. 

Right now I'm just soaking up reading outside, dodging any "I'm bored" verbal darts, and baking the occasional summer dessert. Happy (almost) 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...